D.Gray-Man

View previous topic View next topic Go down

D.Gray-Man

Post by shatteredbox on Sun Aug 31, 2008 1:27 am

Ummm... well.... I just started it recently (the anime) but I've also read a bit of the manga (they started differently... it confused me heh heh) so does anyone else read/watch it? Personally, I like it! Also if you read and watch it then which is better? Anime or manga?
shatteredbox
Spectator
Spectator

Female
Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2008-08-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: D.Gray-Man

Post by SEi on Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:03 am

wow. a "year-later" reply.

i watch d.gray-man, and i don't read it.
im guessing the manga is a bit better since it's the original storyline, but the anime is also great, since you can see the action happening and you can listen to every "BOOM" and "KRSSSH" and such xD

the manga.. of course it's different! it's kinda like Ouran High School Host Club and 07-Ghost. for Ouran, the anime is finished but the manga is still ongoing. the manga doesn't end the way the anime does - or rather, not yet. the manga includes more of the romance than in the anime, cuz the couple was brought together too quickly - haruhi didn't really "realize it" and there's more than one person after her (in the anime).

for 07-Ghost, the anime takes it slow. really slow, to be exact. it takes at least 5-7 episodes for it to cover one full volume. the beginning is different too, or so i remember. the manga is coming out quite quickly, so manga is better.

i haven't began reading the manga for d.gray-man yet but i will. ill say the anime is better for now ^^

♪ ~ ♥ "I'm a YOSEi fairy that can bring miracles to the world! (And make it rain *v*)" ♥ ~ ♫
SEi
Staff
Staff

Female
Number of posts : 619
Registration date : 2009-06-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vongola Cross on Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:51 am

I think you should read the manga too. While the anime is good it ends too soon. The manga keeps going past the point that the anime ends. And really, D-Grey gets SOOOO GOOOOOD after that point.
Vongola Cross
Training wheels required.

Male
Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2009-10-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SEi on Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:16 am

noo kidding.
im probably gonna read it soon, though i doubt it since im trying to read all the mangas in which the anime has already ended... +++++ i got a whole bunch more in which im still waiting for ;___;

hm.. you read khr?

♪ ~ ♥ "I'm a YOSEi fairy that can bring miracles to the world! (And make it rain *v*)" ♥ ~ ♫
SEi
Staff
Staff

Female
Number of posts : 619
Registration date : 2009-06-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:18 pm

Several of the manga I've been following have ended, so I've been looking for some new ones. I'll have to give this one a try.

I've been following the manga 07-Ghost & really like it. So I started to watch the anime, but then got frustrated when it began to differ from the manga, so I gave up (plus it was slow). I'm a bit of a purist when it comes to mangas or books being turned into animes or movies. Especially if a character's behavior or personality is changed to "make the story better". Unless it really makes the story better, which almost never happens. I watch all anime online with my minimal DSL bandwidth, so it's gotta be worth it!

Back to top Go down

Post by Vongola Cross on Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:29 am

Yep, it's become one of my favorite mangas. I didn't really like it at first mainly because of Tsuna. But once characters like Hibari and Gokudera were added in it got a lot better. And of course Tsuna stopped being such a total baby which made his character better. Right now my favorite manga go something like this

1Giant Killing
2ANK
3KHR
4D-Grey
5Air Gear
Vongola Cross

Male
Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2009-10-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:54 am

Yay! I'll check out the mangas on your list. I can't run out of mangas to read or else I'll go through withdrawals (heh, heh). :-)

Also, thanks for the warning about Tsuna. Sometimes stories can take awhile until they become good.

Back to top Go down

Post by Bucks on Sun Dec 20, 2009 9:05 am

I don't like anymore, tbh. Just something about it when the author came back from her long hiatus when the boy with some object in his forehead got introduced.

I checked the last chapter. Is it me, or has it turned from a shounen to shoujo, at least where the art is concerned.
Bucks

Male
Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2008-08-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down