Chibisuke-Scans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What anime are you watching now?

+25
Tinymushrooms
litany
SEi
Sylx
toby132
Dark-san
SleepyNinja
kasuji
Rinibee
asheirei
Ge4ce
Arashiodori
NominalBeast
exiagrande
Tanequil
Rita
shatteredbox
Katsudon
Kouri-chan
kakkou
mathi36
justam
jakiella
conankudo3
29 posters

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

What anime are you watching now? - Page 4 Empty Re: What anime are you watching now?

Post by Dark-san Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:22 pm

Eden of the East? I gave that one up a long time ago! How has been the plot going? Is it getting more interesting?

*shrugs*

Still watching FMA though and not very impressed by it. >.>; Can someone tell me whether this one is still worth watching?
Dark-san
Dark-san
Staff
Staff

Male
Number of posts : 924
Registration date : 2009-03-02

http://www.pokemasters.com/forums

Back to top Go down

What anime are you watching now? - Page 4 Empty Re: What anime are you watching now?

Post by Kouri-chan Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:38 pm

lol i haven't watched anime for ages, well not the mainstream stuff anyway, I've been watching Hetalia which really shouldn't count and I plan to start watching YGO 5D soon XD
Kouri-chan
Kouri-chan
Goddess
Goddess

Female
Number of posts : 2552
Registration date : 2008-06-11

http://xkourichanx.livejournal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark-san Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:13 pm

YGO >.>;
Dark-san
Dark-san
Staff
Staff

Male
Number of posts : 924
Registration date : 2009-03-02

http://www.pokemasters.com/forums

Back to top Go down

Post by Sylx Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:15 am

K-ON! :p
Sylx
Sylx
Staff
Staff

Male
Number of posts : 938
Registration date : 2008-08-09

http://silversylx.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kouri-chan Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:48 am

I love YGO.

Also YGO 5D seems to be really steampunk and deep and stuff. Well as deep as a show about card games can be. CARD GAMES ON MOTORCYCLES AHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA I like its story as much as I like laughing about it.

but seriously the brutality and issues dealt into and darkness of the story and whatever I believe can rival that of Gundam 00 and Geass. Even though Jack's girlfriend is ugly. >_> And seems to turn into a psycho once she wears a dress.
Kouri-chan
Kouri-chan
Goddess
Goddess

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by . Fri Jun 05, 2009 5:34 am

Current FMA is utter crap. I hate it so much it's not even funny.

K-On = Moeblob

Eden of the East - Art style is just odd, but I personally think the story is interesting/strange enough for me to keep following it. It's the one I look forward to the most every week.

If YGO = Yu-Gi-Oh, you all have suddenly lost a really large amount of awesome points in my book. D-D-D-D-D-DUEL and flaming hair is pure idiocy in my mind (yes I'm flaming, dammit).

Staff
Staff

Male
Number of posts : 89
Registration date : 2008-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by justam Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:50 pm

sengoku basara.

OYAKATA-SAMA!!!
justam
justam
Flame King
Flame King

Male
Number of posts : 1106
Registration date : 2008-06-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Kouri-chan Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:59 pm

Sengoku basara... I love the character designs <3

The YGO characters don't have that awful techno DJ soundtrack in the Japanese version -.- Which I grew up on XD Fine I grew up on Canto dubs but they used Japanese music.

Yami's flaming hair is hilarious. To be fair I only ever liked Battle City/Ship and that's because I have fond childhood memories of it that I don't intend on destroying (haven't watched the series in years)

But the YGO 5D fans on LJ are really cool and amazing <3 so yeah. xD
Kouri-chan
Kouri-chan
Goddess
Goddess

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by mathi36 Fri Jun 05, 2009 7:29 pm

ygo...YGO...o_O

don't worry kouri^^
mathi36
mathi36
Chibi Master
Chibi Master

Male
Number of posts : 2326
Registration date : 2008-06-14

http://www.chibisuke-scans.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kouri-chan Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:29 pm

pff i'm used to this so whatever lol ;p

edit: you guys should watch Yu-Gi-Oh the Abridged Series though, it's really funny and parodies YGO perfectly.
Kouri-chan
Kouri-chan
Goddess
Goddess

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by SEi Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:53 am

lol im not really a fan of Yu-Gi-Oh... is it really that good? i always thought of it as "odd, strange, too dramatic, a-fav-of-boys" and whatnot.

i dont even watch TV much.. maybe that's the problem O__O;
SEi
SEi
Staff
Staff

Female
Number of posts : 619
Registration date : 2009-06-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Kouri-chan Fri Jul 03, 2009 6:39 pm

It's not good, it's just interesting XD

Quality... about the same as Geass I'd say. Geass 2. Especially 5D. I swear I do not understand that series and its soap opera tendencies.

YOU DO NOT KNOW HOW MANY FANGIRLS OF YGO THERE ARE with all the guys and everything ahahahaha.

Yes, it's very dramatic. >.> XD
Kouri-chan
Kouri-chan
Goddess
Goddess

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by SEi Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:36 pm

Kouri-chan wrote:It's not good, it's just interesting XD

lol then why watch it?
it's like watching dora the explorer. you get interested in what's going to happen but overall, you think dora's for little kids so it's "not good" xD
SEi
SEi
Staff
Staff

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kouri-chan Sat Jul 04, 2009 12:48 am

UGH! I had this reply typed out and then I leave for five minutes and then my dad goes and closes the whole browser on MY comp lol -.-.-.-.-.-

Anyway, just because it's not AMAZING GOOD doesn't mean I can't like it, right?

There are loads of series that are liked for the same reason YGO is: the boys. Vampire Knight's plot went out the window volumes ago and Code Geass 2's plot was ridiculous, or so I hear. Code Geass 2 is compared to YGO!5D, actually.

Incidentally, I don't like the reason 'it's for kids so it's not good' when justifying not watching something... XD It's like saying 'sports manga is aimed at sports junkies so it's not good'

Besides, YGO actually has a plot. Albeit one so flimsy that you just have a great big laugh over how it's so commercial.

And did I mention the boys >.> I bet half the fandom (ie. 75% of the girls) have no idea on how to play the card game XD
Kouri-chan
Kouri-chan
Goddess
Goddess

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by SEi Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:22 am

LOL ill have to say "i agree" to that last sentence ^^;

and i see..
then it's kinda like.. um.. d.gray-man.
they're fighting in the episodes, and then suddenly, they meet the main villain and then, i guess .. thats an interesting plot?

well.. i actually havent finished watching vampire knight. what's stupid is that i heard of vampire knight WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY before everyone else and before it became RIDICULOUSLY popular. it's just like 07-Ghost, Pandora Hearts, and Toradora!. im reading the manga and then suddenly.. theres an anime.. and then.. it's popular! also to the list is 1/2 Prince - the manga. (sigh)
SEi
SEi
Staff
Staff

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by litany Sat Jul 04, 2009 12:48 pm

currently watching on a weekly basis? One Piece, Major (on the raws now), Bleach
I like the long ones ^_^

may get caught up with 07-Ghost soon too....

(and previous YGO topic amuses me greatly. that was the first anime I ever watched~ yami's/yugi's hair lol, so nostalgic Smile))
litany
litany
Staff
Staff

Female
Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2009-07-01

Back to top Go down

Post by SEi Sat Jul 04, 2009 12:52 pm

07-GHOST IS AWESOME!!
im also slow on it.. been on 4th episode for a while now.. haven't been watching anything :3
SEi
SEi
Staff
Staff

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kouri-chan Sat Jul 04, 2009 7:28 pm

litany: My first anime was Pokemon, then Digimon, but I quickly caught on YGO and Beyblade =D Therefore I have like nostalgic feelings for all of them. But YGO love stayed on till now because of the guys >_> NOT GONNA LIE THERE =D

@SEi: Yeah watching 5D is just like WTF! THAT TRICK DEFIES THE LAW OF PHYSICS! OMG SWEET MOTORCYCLE TRICK! THAT MAKES NO SENSE! HAHA HIS HAIR IS AMAZING/FUNNY! SKREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET DRIFT TURN! His motorcycle was PRACTICALLY HUGGING THE GROUND (when he was on it, he went down far to the right that his body was practically hugging the ground while he was still moving)! ............................ pass two seasons....................... OMG! THEY'RE dueling in the frickin SKY in a PERUVIAN TEMPLE WTF! He died in his eternal rival's arms I smell love!!!! etc, etc.

I'm sorry my tastes are so shallow XD
Kouri-chan
Kouri-chan
Goddess
Goddess

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by SEi Sat Jul 04, 2009 11:35 pm

O__________O;
LOL ~ what anime are you talking about up there? xD

were you talking about 07-Ghost?
it kinda dooes.. its werd.. but i love it anyway :3
the manga is actually better.. the sound effects.. once, when they were SUDDENLY fighting, the sound scared me xD
SEi
SEi
Staff
Staff

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kouri-chan Sun Jul 05, 2009 12:59 am

YGO 5D =P

YGO doesn't have a manga though, not the newest seasons. I dunno. You get the purists who are all like 'oh the manga is so much more twisted and dark it's better lalala' but I dunno... whatever la XD
Kouri-chan
Kouri-chan
Goddess
Goddess

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by SEi Sun Jul 05, 2009 4:58 am

lol but the manga is better the the anime. it's the original work anyway :3
SEi
SEi
Staff
Staff

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by litany Sun Jul 05, 2009 5:22 am

manga is better than anime? hmm, I love manga, but if an anime's been released, I'll watch that first for sure. I do like my sound and colorful moving pictures. But being able to read the manga after the anime is over is wonderful~ hmmmm, the only anime I've seen that isn't adapted from manga are those pesky filler episodes, and I can't stand them ><

may try and watch Captain Tsubasa 2002 this week.
litany
litany
Staff
Staff

Female
Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2009-07-01

Back to top Go down

Post by SEi Sun Jul 05, 2009 5:45 am

ehm. i think i heard of that. i wonder where...

well anyway. im planning to read manga A LOT this week Very Happy
been so busy busy with everything, i feel dead from not being able to read manga T^T; well..

we're going off topic. let's only say whatever anime where're watching when we're watching anime Smile
SEi
SEi
Staff
Staff

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kouri-chan Sun Jul 05, 2009 7:30 pm

I think the Gakuen Alice, VAmpire Knight and Tsubasa anime especially are much worse than their manga counterparts XD

Detective Academy Q too. The animation quality is terrible.

Dunno... I guess YGO is cool, but I LOVE the music so much it's not even funny. Screw the US techno crap, Asian YGO has drums and strings and brass and woodwind! It's COOL! And we have jrock crooners and husky soul singers and powerhouse rock singers and EVERYTHING! And leather body hugging clothing >>

Anyway, back on topic XD But if we go back on topic i'll ahve nothing to say xD
Kouri-chan
Kouri-chan
Goddess
Goddess

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by toby132 Mon Jul 06, 2009 2:07 am

haha;; I've been watching K-ON and full metal panic...am I changing subjects? sorry!! but has anyone watched those it's pretty amuzing
toby132
toby132
Staff
Staff

Male
Number of posts : 73
Registration date : 2009-03-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next