Chibisuke-Scans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What anime are you watching now?

+25
Tinymushrooms
litany
SEi
Sylx
toby132
Dark-san
SleepyNinja
kasuji
Rinibee
asheirei
Ge4ce
Arashiodori
NominalBeast
exiagrande
Tanequil
Rita
shatteredbox
Katsudon
Kouri-chan
kakkou
mathi36
justam
jakiella
conankudo3
29 posters

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Go down

What anime are you watching now? - Page 7 Empty Re: What anime are you watching now?

Post by Guest Tue Jul 13, 2010 3:20 pm

Yeah... I've been depressed so I'm watching anime on hulu.com now.

Nabari no Ou - I'm at episode 8
Samurai X - I'm a bit annoyed at the English voiceovers. I'd rather have subtitles than these stupid voices. But my annoyance may also be because the anime is a bit too cartoonish compared to the manga. I'm on episode 2, hoping that it'll get better.

Back to top Go down

What anime are you watching now? - Page 7 Empty Re: What anime are you watching now?

Post by Kouri-chan Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:17 pm

:O I loved Rurouni Kenshin! But I watched the Japanese version. And I was like 13... so yea XD {Actually, I also watched it once when I was 5. It was episode 10. Uh... I was pretty blood-immune I guess as a wee thing.}
Kouri-chan
Kouri-chan
Goddess
Goddess

Female
Number of posts : 2552
Registration date : 2008-06-11

http://xkourichanx.livejournal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:38 am

Ohh... I'll have to see if I can handle the blood & gore. Usually, I can't. Except for Darker than Black.

Darker than Black is still my favorite anime to date. It's violent, but has a great storyline. I love the concept of "Hell's Gate" and "Heaven's Gate" with the disappearance of the real stars & the appearance of "Contractor" stars - it's original (for me) and feels like there's a well thought out back story.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kouri-chan Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:22 am

I want to watch Gintama. Is it good?
Kouri-chan
Kouri-chan
Goddess
Goddess

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:22 pm

I'll have to check Gintama out... Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kouri-chan Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:46 pm

I watched the first two eps. It's... growing on me Very Happy
It makes fun of anime cliches, and it's just so blatantly over the top that it's endearing.
The only problem is that it's too slow for me, but a lot of anime is like that for me. T_T I suspect that it's only me Razz
Kouri-chan
Kouri-chan
Goddess
Goddess

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:53 am

I agree with you. I think it's a combination of not having enough movement in the animation & keeping the episode = to the manga chapter. Usually, I feel like 2 or 3 chapters could easily be crammed into one anime episode. But I guess that they make more $ to space it out or it's too much work to condense.

I'll probably drop Rorouni Kenshi... it's just too slow, too cartoonish & the English voiceovers are annoying.

I've started watching Jyu Oh Sei. It's a bit melodromatic & the first and second episode are a bit choppy, but it's an interesting concept. It's imagination may be worth watching... plus it's not too long. I think it's a tragic anime.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kouri-chan Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:38 pm

O_O Ju Oh Sei looks so... deep and depressing XD I don't think I'll watch it. When I was younger I did watch a few tragic anime... tragic as in... Gundam Seed XD

I dunno I mainly watch it for the laughs. I remember watching School Rumble and loving it. Well.. until season 2 happened...

Rurouni Kenshin. I really loved the music T_T (I think it's only because I watched it when I was young though). 1/2 was a great opening. I loved how they timed the "shutter" effect to the quick drum beats. well.. if you watch it, you'll get it Very Happy

I need to read the manga of that though! everybody i've talked to always says that the manga is so much better.

And yes, you're right about Gintama. Oh well...r I'll still watch it. Episode 3 today Very Happy One ep a day. {I skipped a day though..}
Kouri-chan
Kouri-chan
Goddess
Goddess

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:19 am

Yup, Jyu Oh Sei will be kindof depressing. But I think the world is interesting so there's a redeeming factor. I'm about half-way through the 11 or 12 episodes.

Rorouni Kenshin... the manga is okay. I haven't read the whole thing. I read a bit & then skimmed here & there, then read the end. It gets into the cycle of...

A bad guy shows up to either a) threaten the town, or b) fight Kenshin

or

bad guys are trying to take down the new government or do something evil so Kenshin's old pals in power beg him to help them capture the bad guys.

Kenshin eventually fights the bad guys. Either alone or with his friends.

The bad guys get progressively more evil & strong.

There's a few other plot threads that make it interesting enough... like the author spoons out facts about Kenshin's past or the "romantic" feelings between him & the gal who owns the dojo grow or are threatened, etc... But it's not like Prince of Tennis where there's no character development & the games & moves are so wild they're ludicrous. Heh... I got a cool word in there. Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:55 am

"Jyu Oh Sei" - I finished it. I'd give it a B. Good art, the story moved, it wasn't annoying, interesting plot & ideas. I'd have liked more of an epilogue, but sometimes that's the sign of a good story, when the viewer wants it continue a bit more. It is tragic & the content is a little dark.

I'm watching "Cross Game" on hulu. A new episode gets posted every week or so. I really like it. Well done. So far, Grade A. (I also like the developed side story for Aoba re: baseball... there's more in the anime than the manga.)

I've also been watching "Big Windup" on Funimation's site. Grade B+ so far.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7